The demand for Li-Ion batteries is rapidly increasing across various sectors, including mobile devices, automobiles, defense, and aerospace. To meet this growing demand, SIL has developed the Lithium Ion Battery Laser Welding Machine. This innovative machine enables precise welding of prismatic cells made from materials such as aluminum, aluminum alloy, stainless steel, or OFHC Copper. It is capable of welding components with a thickness ranging from 0.5 mm to 3 mm.
The Lithium Ion Battery Laser Welding Machine offers flexibility in laser selection, supporting both continuous wave (CW) and quasi-continuous wave (QCW) fiber lasers. With its superior positioning accuracy of better than 10 µm and rapid welding speed exceeding 18 m/min, this machine ensures accurate and efficient welding operations. Some notable features of this machine include video camera monitoring for enhanced visualization, power ramping and pulse shaping capabilities for precise control, a welding head with wobble motion to improve weld quality, and seam tracking with path compensation for precise and consistent welding.
The Multi-axis SIL WeldCELL stands out in its ability to weld a wide range of metal components within a controlled and enclosed environment. This robust system is particularly effective in processing reflective materials and boasts a sturdy industrial construction. It incorporates a granite table and superstructure to provide stability and precision. The system is highly programmable, offering maximum tool flexibility to accommodate various welding requirements.
Laser Source Configurations: CW Fiber Laser, QCW Fiber Laser, or High Power Green Laser, depending on the specific application requirements.
With our comprehensive range of welding solutions, we are committed to meet the diverse needs of the Li-Ion battery industry. Our advanced technologies and flexible configurations ensure precise and efficient welding operations, enabling manufacturers to meet the increasing demand for high-quality Li-Ion batteries.
- Modular construction makes the machine adoptable to weld all types of batteries like Prismatic, Cylindrical, Capasitor Casings simply by changing the fixturing setup.
- Indigenous Vision System for accurate weld positioning by compensating all the stack-up tolerances.
- Intelligent clamping system to ensure air tight contact between the bus-bar and the cell terminal by precise control of clamping pressure.
- Insitu (real time) weld depth monitoring and controlling to ensure puncture proof welding throughout the cycle.
- Automated part positioning system to ensure the precise positioning of battery packs on the fixture.
- Vision Inspection System for post weld inspection and quality controlling.
- Seam Tracking System for path compensation.
- Laser power available up to 10 kW
- Welding similar or dissimilar materials.
- Rotary Indexer with QR code scanning system.
- Available Working Area – 300 x 300 mm to 1000 x 1000 mm (customized as per customer requirement).
- Consistent Weld Depth
- Crack & Porosity Free Welding
- High Throughput
- Excellent Surface Quality
- Low Heat Input
- Controlled Depth of Penetration
- High Degree of Control in process parameters
Laser Head Options for Lithium Ion Battery Laser Welding Machine:
- Coaxial Laser Welding Head: Versatility in Horizontal and Vertical Configurations
- Galvo Laser Head: High-Speed Scanning for Rapid and Precise Welding
Real Time Monitoring
- Transverse Profile – The finished weld bead transverse profile is measured.
- Finished Weld Surface – The height of the finished weld bead is measured just behind the melt pool.
- Keyhole Depth – Measured inside the keyhole during the weld to determine real-time weld penetration depth.
- Seam Profile – A sweep performed before the process looks for joint position on the workpiece.
- Workpiece Height – The distance between the material surface and the welding optics is measured.